Simultaneous read and write operation could be an important metric in situations where you're watching a movie off the USB 3.0 drive while copying more data onto it. In such a case, the 3.5” drives have advantages due to their faster platter speed and superior performance.
The two new 2.5” portable drives by PQI and Transcend are both clearly faster than the ones we reviewed a few weeks ago.
- Which SuperSpeed USB Drive Is Right For You?
- PQI H566 (2.5”, 320 GB)
- PQI Software: Foretress
- Samsung Story Station 3.0 (3.5”, 2 TB)
- Samsung Software: Auto Backup And SecretZone
- Transcend StoreJet 25M3 (2.5”, 500 GB)
- Transcend Software: StorJet elite 3.0
- Comparison Table And Test Setup
- Benchmark Results: Data Transfer Diagrams
- Benchmark Results: Access Time And I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: Throughput And Interface Bandwidth
- Benchmark Results: Real World File Transfer Testing
- Benchmark Results: Simultaneous Read And Write