Major chipset makers such as Intel, AMD and VIA have begun to target the x86 based system-on-chip (SoC) market, according to sources from embedded platform makers. Currently, x86 SoCs have only a 20% market share, while ARM SoCs hold the other 80%, but with x86 SoCs having the advantage in performance, and with their increasing adoption by Industrial PC (IPC) makers, it is predicted that x86 might be able to increase market share in the next few years, say the sources.
More here at DigiTimes.
Stay on the Cutting Edge
Join the experts who read Tom's Hardware for the inside track on enthusiast PC tech news — and have for over 25 years. We'll send breaking news and in-depth reviews of CPUs, GPUs, AI, maker hardware and more straight to your inbox.