Earlier this week, Nvidia officially announced its Fermi part for notebooks – the GeForce GTX 480M. Today that mobile GPU is ready for order in Clevo's monster gaming laptop, the 17.1-inch DF900.
The GeForce GTX 480M GPU upgrade option costs $588 extra over the stock GTX 285M, and will set you back around $3,000 at the default configuration levels.
At the spec levels, it's definitely a desktop replacement and not something that's build for any sort of mobility – at least for not any length of time away from a power outlet.
- 17" Wide Viewing Angles WUXGA Active Matrix Display with Super Clear Glossy surface
- Intel® Core™i7 Extreme processors support
- Intel® Xeon™ E5540, X5550, X5560, W5580 processors support
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 285M 1GB, GeForce® GTX 480M 2GB or Quadro® FX 3800M 1GB graphics
- up to 12GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM Memory Supported
- Support up to 3 Hard Disk Drives
- Integrated Hardware SATA Raid 0,1, 5 Controller
- S-Video out jack for TV output & HDTV output
- 1 DVI Port, 1 VGA Port for external Monitors
- 4 Built-in Speakers
- 4 USB 2.0 Ports & 1 IEEE-1394 Ports
- Built-in 7-in-1 Card Reader
- Integrated 3MP Digital Video Camera
- Full Sized Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
- Intel High Definition Audio / 8 Channel external audio outputs supported