xpPhone is a Windows-based MID in disguise.
Recall that xpPhone that we've mentioned before? Well, there's an estimated price range on it now.
Whenever it releases (which is still a mystery), it'll retail for somewhere between $400 and $650, according to reports from TechTree and Hot Hardware. While that price may sound astronomical when you think of the type of laptop that you could buy with that, it's not that bad considering $400 to $650 is the average price for a modern unsubsidized smartphone.
Perhaps even more interesting than the price, though equally unverified, is that the xpPhone will be able to run Windows 7. Given that the xpPhone's hardware can run Windows XP, fitting Windows 7 on it shouldn't be too far of a leap – other than the device's namesake, of course.
Here are the specs:
- CPU: AMD Super Mobile CPU
- Memory: 512M/1G
- SSD: 8G/16G/32G/64G
- HDD: 30G/60G/80G/120G
- LCD: 4.8 inches TFT Touch-screen LCD 800*480
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP
- Network: GSM/GPRS/EDGE/WCDMA (HSDPA/HSUPA) CDMA/CDMA2000 1X/CDMA1X EVDO, TD-SCDMA TD-HSDPA
- Wireless WiFi 802.11b/g, WiMax(optional), Bluetooth, Stand-alone GPS
- Camera Specifications: CMOS, 300k/1.3 Million
- Ports: 1 x earphone jack,1 x microphone jack,Docking Connector (include VGA output signal ), 1 x USB 2.0, SIM Slot
- Battery: Removable Lithium-ion
- Talk time: About 5 hours, Stand by time: about 5 days
- Real life: About 7 hours(Standard), about 12 hours(Large)
- Talk time: Standby time Operation time may vary depending different usage.
- Weight: 400g (include battery)