In random reading and writing of 4 KB data blocks, the 7200 RPM drives don’t beat their power-optimized competitors, but rather fall slightly behind those "slower" devices.
Thanks to their faster spindle speeds, the Seagate Barracuda XT and Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 have lower access times, allowing them to come out in front in the streaming Iometer benchmark.
- Who Sells The Best 3 TB Hard Drive?
- Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000 (HDS5C3030ALA630) And Deskstar 7K3000 (HDS723030ALA640)
- Seagate Barracuda XT (ST33000651AS)
- Western Digital Caviar Green (WD30EZRS)
- Comparison Table And Test Setup
- Benchmark Results: Data Transfer Diagrams
- Benchmark Results: Throughput And Interface Bandwidth
- Benchmark Results: 4 KB Random Reads/Writes And Streaming Reads/Writes
- Benchmark Results: Access Time And I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Application Performance
- Temperature And Power Consumption
- Which 3 TB Hard Drive Is Best?