Intel’s Core i3-530 uses the lowest voltage, but is it really the most efficient gaming processor? Let’s first have a look at power consumption.
Our heartfelt condolences go to those who would like to go green and save green with team green.
Dividing relative performance by average power consumption gives us an efficiency chart that shows dual cores beating out triple cores by a wide margin. Because it’s “supposed to be” the top performer, Intel’s Core i7-870 was chosen as the baseline for both performance and efficiency scaling.
You’ll have to scroll down to the next page to see the performance chart on which the above efficiency chart is based.
- Opening The CPU Bottleneck
- Two $350 Platforms
- Is Overclocking Needed?
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark Vantage
- Benchmark Results: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2 Demo
- Benchmark Results: Far Cry 2
- Benchmark Results: Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X.
- Benchmark Results: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
- Power And Efficiency