The first strike against AMD’s three-way scaling comes in Aliens vs. Predator, where overhead appears to make the triple-card configuration lose a little performance.
Multi-card scaling usually improves at higher resolutions and details, yet three-way CrossFireX still falls behind CrossFire using a pair of cards. It appears as though this title uses only two of AMD’s cards, and that might be a problem with Catalyst Application Profiles. Excellent scaling realized on Nvidia's three-way SLI setup adds insult to AMD’s injury.
- Is Multi-GPU The Game Changer?
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark 11
- Benchmark Results: Aliens Vs. Predator
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: F1 2010
- Benchmark Results: Just Cause 2
- Benchmark Results: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- Average Performance Analysis
- Multi-GPU Scaling Analysis
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency
- CrossFire Scales Spectacularly