The table below tallies the placing of each browser throughout the testing.
Chrome is the clear winner when taking all tests into account. Google's Web browser brought in one more first-place victory than Opera. But the real game ender is the very low number of last-place finishes (Chrome lost half as often as the other two contenders). Opera is a solid second-place finisher, edging out Mozilla Firefox by a few first-place results.
After you throw out non-speed tests, Opera has two wins above overall-winner Google Chrome. Unfortunately, Opera has five more losses than Google, too. Chrome also holds onto 11 second-place finishes, crowning Google's browser as the speed king on Linux. Opera takes second again, this time seriously out-pacing third-place finisher Mozilla Firefox.
- System Specs, Setup, And Methodology
- Benchmark Results: Startup Times
- Benchmark Results: Page Load Times
- Benchmark Results: DOM And Peacekeeper
- Benchmark Results: HTML5
- Benchmark Results: Flash
- Benchmark Results: Java And Moonlight
- Benchmark Results: Memory Usage
- Benchmark Results: Memory Management
- Benchmark Results: Standards Testing
- Final Results: Linux Placing