Case: Rosewill R222-P-BK
Many gamers may be on a tight budget and might find that this $22 case from Rosewill can accommodate a high-end graphics card. While it does not offer nearly the same fit-and-finish level as the Antec cases we have used, the R222-P-BK has front USB and audio ports, a single 120 mm rear exhaust fan, and even an external 3.5” bay that some cases now lack.
Power Supply: PC Power&Cooling Silencer PPCS500 500 W
We sure didn’t want to skimp on supplying enough clean power to our new components and chose this PC Power and Cooling Silencer 500 W for the task. The PPCS500 provides 35 A of +12 V and also dual PCIe power connectors (six and six/eight pin) needed for many of today’s more powerful graphics cards. Long cable lengths, a quiet automatic fan, an 80plus efficiency rating, a five-year warranty, and an available $20 mail-in rebate all add value to the purchase.
Optical Drive: Lite-On 20X DVD±R SATA Model iHAS120-04
The Lite-On SATA 20X DVD+RW hasn’t disappointed yet and again gets the job of serving our optical drive needs.
- Higher FPS
- CPU And Cooler
- Motherboard And Memory
- Graphics Card And Hard Drive
- Case, Power Supply, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System Configuration And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And Unreal Tournament 3
- Benchmark Results: World In Conflict And Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Power Consumption