The original $2000 machine, overclocked, behaves similarly to DiRT 3 in our Skyrim benchmark. Meanwhile, today's SLI-equipped box differs by demonstrating a CPU bottleneck at those same medium-quality settings and mainstream resolutions.
The SLI-enhanced configuration begins to pull away from Wednesday's build at 2560x1600, and absolutely demolishes it at our target 5760x1080.
- Opening The Floodgates: 5760x1080 And More Graphics
- Budget Stretchers: The Motherboard And Power Supply
- Economizers: CPU, CPU Cooler, And RAM
- Breaking Point: Graphics Cards And Case
- SSD, Hard Drive, And Optical Drive
- Building Our Graphics-Oriented Beast
- CPU And GPU Overclocking
- Overclocked System and Benchmark Configurations
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Benchmark Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Benchmark Results: Battlefield 3
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 3
- Benchmark Results: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency
- Which $2000 Machine Is Right For You?