Let's start with Crysis. In the Cyberpower review, the game was somewhat dominated by the Intel Core i7 system and its dual GeForce GTX 260 graphics cards:
Right out of the gate, we're seeing a huge difference between these new results and the Cyberpower Gamer Dragon results. Here, while the Core i7 system is showing a slight advantage at lower resolutions when overclocked, the Phenom II system is holding its own where it counts at 1920x1200.
And, when anti-aliasing (AA) is applied...
...the Phenom II system with its Radeon HD 4890 cards even wins by a few frames.
- Introduction: A Little Background
- Phenom II Versus Core i7-920: Competing System Cost Analysis
- Test Systems And Benchmark Setup
- Synthetic Benchmarks
- Game Benchmarks: Crysis
- Game Benchmarks: Far Cry 2
- Game Benchmarks: World In Conflict
- Game Benchmarks: Stalker Clear Sky
- Game Benchmarks: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
- Game Benchmarks: Fallout 3
- Game Benchmarks: Left 4 Dead
- Game Benchmarks: Prototype