Left 4 Dead is so easily handled by ATI’s Radeon HD 4870 X2 that it doesn’t really matter whether you turn on anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering or not. In both situations, Intel’s Core i7-920 leads the pack, followed by AMD’s Phenom II X4 965 and Intel’s Core 2 Quad Q9550 running neck and neck. Because the frame rates are so high, though, you’d be hard pressed to tell the difference between the fastest and slowest processors in this title.
HAWX also favors Intel’s entry-level Core i7 in this one, though AMD’s Phenom II X4 965 takes a second place finish ahead of the tested Core 2 Quad.
The results are similar with anti-aliasing turned on, though again we’re seeing frame rates so high that even the last-place Phenom II X3 720 is plenty-fast for high-resolution gaming.
- A Brief Interlude: Phenom II Versus Core i5
- Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition: Vitals And Overclocking
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: A/V Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Far Cry 2 And Stalker
- Benchmark Results: Left 4 Dead And HAWX
- Power Consumption