Aliens Vs. Predator
Metro 2033 is in its own category here, as AMD's most recent driver package seems to hurt performance. We think this is a bug, so we're using older drivers in this one game in order to generate fair results.
Neither Nvidia nor AMD manage to avoid micro-stuttering in multi-GPU mode. Only the three-way CrossFire setup is more or less OK.
AvP lets the AMD cards shine as far as frame rates go. However, we're also setting new records in the micro-stuttering department. It takes a three-way or four-way CrossFire setup to approach the quality of Nvidia's SLI output.
- Micro-Stuttering, Multi-Card Scaling, And More!
- How Do CrossFire And SLI Work?
- Micro-Stuttering: So Subtle, Yet So Annoying
- Step 1: CrossFire With Two GPUs
- Step 1: CrossFire With Two GPUs (Vs. SLI)
- Step 2: CrossFire With Three GPUs
- Step 3: CrossFire With Four GPUs (Vs. SLI)
- Test System And Benchmark Selection
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark 11 And Unigine Sanctuary
- Benchmark Results: DirectX 11 Games
- Benchmark Results: DirectX 10 Games
- Benchmark Results: DirectX 9 Games
- Tom's Hardware Performance Index
- Power Draw
- CrossFire, SLI, And Micro-Stuttering