Want proof that the folks who came to our event were on top of their game? They almost universally identified the issue that affected AMD’s Radeon HD 7990 in Metro: Last Light, with and without frame pacing enabled. This is something that you won’t see from the built-in benchmark, but rather takes playing through a fresh game to catch. The votes were, almost across the board, in favor of the GeForce GTX 690.
Once I made Don aware of it, he quantified the effect, discovering a cap right around 20 FPS before and after applying Catalyst 13.8 beta.
- Tom's Hardware Readers Rate Two Of The Most Expensive Graphics Cards
- Getting Enthusiasts Together For A Day Of Benchmarking
- Results: Battlefield 3
- Results: BioShock Infinite
- Results: Crysis 3
- Results: Grid 2
- Results: Metro: Last Light
- Catalyst 13.8 Beta Makes A Difference
- In Pictures: Tom's Hardware's Graphics Testing Event