3ds Max is heavily optimized to utilize multiple processing cores, and even though the single-core Atom loses, the dual-core comes out as winner.
7-Zip also runs best on the Atom D510 dual-core. Interestingly, the Atom 230 single-core does better than the Pentium 4 2.2 GHz in this benchmark, most likely because of SSE optimizations.
- Can Atom Beat A Pentium 4?
- Oldie But Goldie: Intel Pentium 4 (Northwood)
- Better Than Its Reputation? Intel's Atom
- Test Systems And 3DMark Vantage
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Applications
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video
- Benchmark Results: Power Consumption
- Benchmark Results: Efficiency