The port table shows which service ports are permitted for incoming and outgoing traffic.
Important for some applications and online games is the option of opening port ranges rather designating specific ports that are to be opened.
The Firewall Wizards allow three custom profiles to be easily set up. For applications not listed, all that remains is to manually enter the appropriate ports.
The E-mail Wizard needs to know more precisely which software or which protocols will generate data traffic.
Although navigation in the Option menu on the left side is clear, it is almost top-heavy with functions. The well-versed user will like it; newbies will feel hopelessly overwhelmed by it. Our tip: the "medium" will be enough to start with.
- The nForce3 250 Gb Passes The Athlon64 Performance Jump Hurdle
- Socket 754 Vs. Socket 939
- NVIDIA nForce3 250 Gb In Detail
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Firewall - What Is That, Exactly?
- NVIDIA Firewall - Security For Everyone
- NVIDIA Firewall, Continued
- Test Board: MSI K8N Neo, Aka MS-7030
- MSI K8N Neo Platinum, Aka MS-7030, Continued
- The Competitors
- SiS 755 / 755 FX
- VIA K8T800 / K8T800 Pro
- Athlon64 Chipsets Compared
- On AMD Fans' Wish List: CL2.0-2-2-5
- Benchmark Results
- SPECviewperf 7.1.1, Continued
- DirectX 8
- DirectX 9
- Video Benchmarks
- Auto Gordian Knot 1.12
- Windows Media Encoder 9
- Application Benchmarks
- Discreet 3DStudio MAX 6.0
- SiSoft Sandra 2004 Pro
- Network Performance