Adobe Photoshop shows a similar performance pattern to that previously seen in MainConcept, preferring both Intel's architecture and the added cores on Gulftown. Perhaps that’s why so many of the machines designed for this market are based on workstation-grade dual-socket platforms.
While poor performance for the AMD machine had previously caused us to question 3ds Max 2010’s scaling beyond four cores, a look at the alternative PC’s results reveals that this is really an AMD problem.
How many licks does it take to reach the center of a Tootsie Pop? We might never know the exact meaning behind AVG’s odd performance scaling, but it’s nice to see that all three systems benefit from overclocking.
7-Zip scales with core count, clock frequency, and IPC. WinRAR doesn’t. Score a second win for open source software and score 7 to 1 for the alternative build over its predecessor in application performance.
- The Better Way To Spend $2000?
- Processor And CPU Cooling
- Motherboard And Graphics
- Case And Power
- Memory And Storage
- Hardware Installation
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Benchmark Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Benchmark Results: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2
- Benchmark Results: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power And Efficiency
- Value Conclusion