The throughput difference between the older M6 and the new Spinpoint M7 drive is a bit larger than expected. A 23% peak throughput increase and still almost 12% at the minimum throughout is quite a huge step forward.
Write performance increases by a similar proportion.
- Hard Drive Progress Visualized: Two 500 GB Notebook Drives Compared
- Three Platters: Samsung Spinpoint M6 HM500LI (500 GB)
- Two Platters: Samsung Spinpoint M7 HM500JI (500 GB)
- Test Setup And Throughput Diagrams
- Access Time And I/O Performance
- Throughput, Streaming, And Interface Performace
- PCMark Vantage Application Performance
- Power Consumption And Power Efficiency