Samsung adds two software tools to the Story Station 3.0 drives: Auto Backup and Secret Zone. The first is a simple but efficient backup utility. It comes preset to back up documents, but not multimedia files like photos, videos, or music. Those must be chosen manually. Backups can be password protected, and the utility supports versioning, scheduling, and compression.
The second program is called SecretZone, and it allows the user to create encrypted containers that can be mapped into Windows as individual drives. The tool isn’t as powerful or mature as TrueCrypt, but it’s somewhat easier to handle. It also supports converting container files into executables, which may be decrypted on the fly without the SecretZone utility.
- Which SuperSpeed USB Drive Is Right For You?
- PQI H566 (2.5”, 320 GB)
- PQI Software: Foretress
- Samsung Story Station 3.0 (3.5”, 2 TB)
- Samsung Software: Auto Backup And SecretZone
- Transcend StoreJet 25M3 (2.5”, 500 GB)
- Transcend Software: StorJet elite 3.0
- Comparison Table And Test Setup
- Benchmark Results: Data Transfer Diagrams
- Benchmark Results: Access Time And I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: Throughput And Interface Bandwidth
- Benchmark Results: Real World File Transfer Testing
- Benchmark Results: Simultaneous Read And Write