Internet Explorer 9 sweeps the field with an average of 137 frames per second thanks to the additional canvas test. Firefox comes in second place, followed by Chrome in third. Safari is in fourth place and Opera brings up the rear with 51 FPS.
The charts below contain the results of the individual HTML5 benchmarks.
The benchmarks indicate that IE9 is very strong in HTML5 canvas, while Opera 12 consistently performs behind the curve in all HTML5 testing.
- The Top Five Browsers, Tested And Ranked
- Chrome, Firefox, IE9, Opera, And Safari
- Test System Specs And Software Setup
- Test Suite And Methodology
- Startup Time
- Page Load Time
- DOM And CSS Performance
- HTML5 Performance
- Hardware Acceleration
- Plug-In Performance: Flash, Java, Silverlight
- Memory Efficiency
- Reliability, Responsiveness, And Security
- Standards Conformance
- Test Analysis
- Crowning A Windows 7 WBGP Champion