Wednesday 2K Games revealed that a DLC pack is currently in the works for Duke Nukem Forever despite the lackluster reviews it received by critics and gamers alike. Called the Hail to the Icons Parody Pack, the add-on will land on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC this Fall.
According to the company, the DLC will include three new game modes and four new multiplayer maps containing brand new weapons. Here's the new content pack broken down in two parts:
New Game Modes:
- Freeze Tag - provides some of the most fun team gameplay in Duke Nukem Forever. Players cooperate to freeze and shatter their opponents in succession for huge point streaks and combos.
- Hot Potato - see who can hold on to the babe the longest.
- Hail to the King - play free-for-all Duke style.
- Call of Duke – Duke engages in modern combat in a war-torn city. Foes don’t stand a chance against the Duke when he spams the map with the N00b T00b.
- Sandbox – Players take the role of mini-Duke in a giant sandbox with two bases at either end made out of children’s toys. This map features Sticky Bombs.
- Inferno – Time machine engage! Duke does combat in a hellish landscape of lava and teleporters. Who turned on the 16-bit graphics, and more importantly, where did this DFG come from?
- 2Forts1Bridge – Hats? Duke doesn’t need no stinking hats. Give him a minigun and he’ll beat off all comers.
2K Games said that the new DLC will be free to all First Access Club members who registered their FAC membership prior to the launch of Duke Nukem Forever (subject to availability). So far there's no word on how much it will cost those of us that are not in Duke's cool club.
"Excited?" the company teases. "Don’t want to wait to get your hands on these new modes and maps? You’re in luck. On Thursday, August 4th we’re going to be hosting Multiplayer Dukematches in our headquarters in Novato, California (about 30 minutes north of San Francisco). If you are over 17 and can make it to our office at either 4 PM or 6 PM, email 2KElizabeth@2KGames.com with the subject like "DNF Dukematch!" and include the following information: Full name, Age, Address, Top 2 forums you post on (and your username!), and What time you are available to play."
Those who are chosen for the event will receive an email early next week that tells when their particular Deathmatch will take place. In the meantime, here are a couple of new screenshots: