The Raspberry Pi 4 B launched back in June 2019 and for almost a year the 4GB flagship model ruled supreme. But recently we have seen the introduction of a new top-of-the-line 8GB model, offering twice the RAM for a slick desktop experience. We're starting to see more stores that have the Pi 4 B in stock, particularly in the U.S. That's good because the newest Raspberry Pi has a significantly faster CPU, more RAM, USB 3.0 support and the ability to output to dual monitors at 4K. If you are looking to snag the latest slice of Raspberry Pi technology, check out the links below.
Where to get a Raspberry Pi 4 in the U.S.
- Microcenter has the Pi 4 in 2, 4 and 8GB capacities in kits from $88.99. If you need a kit with accessories and live near a Microcenter, this is the place to buy your Pi.
- Amazon.com has a number of Raspberry Pi 4 starter kits that come with power supplies, HDMI cables and other needed accessories. However, you can't find the bare boards there. The best deal going is the CanaKit Raspberry Pi 4 Basic Starter Kit, which starts from $62 (2GB) $82 (4GB) and $120 (8GB).
Those prices are a premium over the price of the bare board, and for that you get a power supply, on/off switch, micro HDMI to HDMI cable, a fan and a case. The case's top cover obstructs the GPIO pins, which means you may not want to use it, but the other accessories are probably worth the premium.
- CanaKit.com has the Raspberry Pi 4 B in stock in multiple configurations and it even has the bare boards at their MSRPs, but you'll have to pay for shipping. Also has a ton of starter kits.
- Vilros.com has its own set of Raspberry Pi 4 starter kits and sells the bare boards also. Low-speed shipping starts at $6.95.
- Adafruit.com also stocks the Raspberry Pi 4 as a bare board from $35 for the 2GB model.
- seeed stock the full range of Raspberry Pi 4 models, starting from $45 for the 2GB model.
Where to get a Raspberry Pi 4 in the U.K.
- Pimoroni not only has all three models of Raspberry Pi 4 B, but also offers a ton of its own branded accessories. The Pibow Coupe 4 is the best Pi 4 case we've tested by far.
- The Raspberry Pi brick-and-mortar store in Cambridge has all the models if you buy in person.
- Thepihut.com currently has the Raspberry Pi 4 in stock in the U.K as well, with slightly longer shipping times.
- CPC stock large quantities of Raspberry Pi 4 boards and kits from £33.
The new Raspberry Pi 4 features 1.5GHz quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A72 CPU, with the option of 2GB, 4 GB or 8GB of LPDDR4 SDRAM, a throughput for gigabit Ethernet, 802.11ac wireless networking, Bluetooth 5.0, and two USB 3.0 ports along with two USB 2.0 ports.
We will be updating this story as more retailers start stocking the Raspberry Pi 4, so make sure to check back for more information as it becomes available.
MORE: Raspberry Pi Tutorials
Stay on the Cutting Edge
Join the experts who read Tom's Hardware for the inside track on enthusiast PC tech news — and have for over 25 years. We'll send breaking news and in-depth reviews of CPUs, GPUs, AI, maker hardware and more straight to your inbox.
It seems it is PRICELESS (pun intended)...Reply
Microcenter in Houston has the 1GB and 2GB models in stock today (June 26)Reply
It's had a few issues, I'm waiting for a revision. The biggest problem is the USB C issues. That was a huge oversight. I picked up another 3 B+ the other day actually, for the time being those still work very well for me.Reply
Best Buy is stocking the Canakit starter kits for the Raspberry Pi 4 in some stores. They will also ship them to you for free, unlike Canakit's own web store.Reply
Where Canakit starter kits can be order online in Europe ??Reply