Fortnite Battle Royale Guide: 20 Best Tips and Tricks To Win

About the author
This thread is closed for comments
10 comments
    Your comment
  • harryoui
    These aren’t really the most useful tips. For example, the guided rocket isn’t even in normal play anymore and rushing the center of the storm will usually get you surrounded by players
  • lun471k
    Some of those tips are a nice way to end in the top 10 with 1 kill. One thing I would tell people to do is to try the shots they don't think that will land. You won't ever hit 250m+ sniper shots if you don't try.

    Also going against the tips listed here: You SHOULD shoot from far away. Even if you don't have a sniper, build a short tower, shoot a few times at someone and if that person seems to have a superior/more accurate weapon, fall back or flank while they desperately try to destroy your tower from afar. Just make sure not to be seen.
  • Johnny5
    2017912 said:
    These aren’t really the most useful tips. For example, the guided rocket isn’t even in normal play anymore and rushing the center of the storm will usually get you surrounded by players

    Thanks for catching that. I'll try to include tips that are more up to date in the future. Unfortunately some time passed between when I wrote this guide and when they were published. Do you have any current tips you would like to share?
  • Chettone
    First Bitcoin ads and articles, and now Fortnite tips'n'tricks? Come on Toms! you used to be a great Tech news site.
  • Johnny5
    1323372 said:
    First Bitcoin ads and articles, and now Fortnite tips'n'tricks? Come on Toms! you used to be a great Tech news site.

    We still are a great news site :D

    Fortnite is one of the most popular games ever and a lot of our readers are gamers. At this point in time, not covering Fortnite would be like not covering PC cases. The same could be said for bitcoin and other developments in the cryptocurrency industry.
  • Giroro
    How do I land faster though? Heading straight for the ground is not enough. It seems other people around me deploy their glider at a lower altitude and fall faster with the glider.
  • Johnny5
    1886042 said:
    How do I land faster though? Heading straight for the ground is not enough. It seems other people around me deploy their glider at a lower altitude and fall faster with the glider.

    This guide does a pretty good job of explaining how to land quickly in Fortnite.
  • spdragoo
    2199259 said:
    1886042 said:
    How do I land faster though? Heading straight for the ground is not enough. It seems other people around me deploy their glider at a lower altitude and fall faster with the glider.
    This guide does a pretty good job of explaining how to land quickly in Fortnite.


    Sweet...I'd figured out most of that myself by trial-and-error, but didn't realize it would auto-deploy based on the ground elevation. Have to remember that next time I play.

    And BTW, excellent article. As you said, a lot of us users play games (whether we're hardcore gamers or just casuals), & if gaming wasn't a big part of the crowd here you wouldn't spend so much time benchmarking game performance in your hardware tests.
  • Johnny5
    Thanks! While we do appreciate critical feedback, I also enjoy some kudos every now and then :)

    We're hoping to ramp up our gaming focused content in the coming quarter, so stay tuned!
  • funnydavid99
    just get thanos