Remember a few weeks ago when we told you about the ‘mobile workstation’ that Eurocom was cramming a Core i7 into? Well now we know more, and we’re a little surprised. Well, not really.
At the beginning of February Computer company, Eurocom proudly displayed the specs for the upcoming D900F PHANTOM i7: a laptop with Intel’s Core i7. While the spec sheet listed everything under the sun, it left out the one thing that people was asking about the most: how long will this thing even last before I have to plug it in?
Not long, apparently. The company issued a press release today and oddly enough, it sort of sounds pleased about the fact that it can make the 12 cell battery last for an hour.
“The World's First workstation and server-class notebook with Intel i7 Quad Core or XEON processor; 1.5 Terabytes of storage, RAID 5 and internal 1 hour Battery!”
The Core i7 and 8 MB of L2 aside, the D900F packs 8 GB of DDR3 and up to 1.5 TB of storage. It weighs 11.9 lbs of bulk which actually doesn’t matter because you’re not likely to be lugging this around for long. While it’s more than likely going to give you back problems and you’ll be charging it all the time, this will at least be the most compact Core i7 box on the market.
The D900F is supposedly shipping sometime in April, though there’s no word on pricing yet.
Full specs from Eurocom:
- High-performance upgradeable 64-bit Dual or Quad core Intel XEON processors
- Fully 64-bit compliant hardware
- 8 GB of high performance memory,
- Large capacity, high performance, redundant storage with RAID 0/1/5 three physical hard drives and up to 1.5 TB of storage
- Internal 17-inch LCD display
- Internal built-in battery; 1 hour of battery backup in case of power failure
- High capacity optical Re-writable Blu Ray drive storage, perfect data backup
- Long lifespan
- Built-in 102-key desktop-like full size keyboard with separate numeric keypad
- Multiple I/O Ports: 1Gigabit Ethernet LAN; 4 USB 2.0, FireWire, serial and parallel ports, CRT and DVI-D for 2 external displays. Optional 2nd Gigabit Ethernet is available via PC Express slot.
- Wireless: Built-in WLAN 802.11a/g/n and Bluetooth 2.0