BIOS and Settings
It is possible to deactivate processor features like Hyper-Threading and other onboard components through the BIOS.
The ECS 945GCT-D lets you to manually set the front side bus (FSB) speed in the BIOS. As it is not possible to increase the voltage of the CPU, the memory, or the chipset, it is difficult to achieve a high clock rate with the embedded board.
The default FSB setting is 133 MHz ; we were able to start the Atom board at 144 MHz, but the southbridge stopped working at this speed. We were only able to achieve a 2 MHz higher FSB clock rate with our board without experiencing problems.
The board is fitted with a 9LPRS437AFLF clock chip from ICS.
- Intel Atom 230 At 1.60 GHz With Hyper-Threading
- Overview Of Atom Technology
- Functional Comparison Of The Atom
- ITX Motherboard
- ITX Motherboard, Continued
- BIOS And Overclocking
- Thermal Power Loss
- Thermal Power Loss, Continued
- Cooling And Temperatures
- Speed When Surfing
- Windows XP Or Vista?
- LAN, DVD And HD-Speed
- Hyper-Threading: Atom 230 Versus Celeron 220
- Test System, Drivers, Benchmarks, Settings
- Lame, iTunes, AVG, Winrar
- Cinema 4D, Fritz, PCMark
- SiSoft Sandra
- Results: Atom Is Not Suitable As An Office PC