We never expect a product marketed exclusively towards overclockers to have the lowest power consumption and were very surprised to see the Crosshair IV Formula take the lead.
ASRock provided a newer BIOS that it says will knock 11 W off the 890FX Deluxe3’s idle power consumption, but that new BIOS was too late to be included in today’s comparison.
The Crosshair IV Formula also has the lowest voltage regulator temperature when measured using a thermal probe between the MOSFET sink and chokes. MSI’s “Icy-Choke” wasn’t so icy after all.
Dividing average performance from application and gaming benchmarks by average power consumption shows that the Crosshair IV Formula has a significant efficiency lead.
- Making The Competition Green With Envy
- Features Comparison
- ASRock 890FX Deluxe3
- Asus Crosshair IV Formula
- Biostar TA890FXE
- Gigabyte 890FXA-UD7
- MSI 890FXA-GD70
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: Modern Warfare 2 And Crysis
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2 Demo And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetic
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency