3DMark Vantage shows Asus in the lead by a few points, but not by more than the normal margin of error. The elder board falls behind by a barely-noticeable amount.
MSI leads in PCMark, but a thorough check through BIOS and with CPU-Z didn’t reveal the source of this difference.
Gigabyte and Asus lead in Sandra’s CPU benchmarks, but differences this small could be coincidental.
The legacy motherboard leads in Sandra Memory Bandwidth by enough to explain its equally-insignificant win in some games.
- Clear Leadership, Or More Of The Same?
- Motherboard Features
- Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
- Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
- MSI 890GXM-G65
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: Integrated Graphics And SATA 6Gb/s
- Benchmark Results: Modern Warfare 2 And Crysis
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2 And Call of Pripyat
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetic Benchmarks