Supreme Commander is also on Nvidia’s list, but this particular game was shipped with a lot of AMD-powered graphics cards. Let’s see how the newer Forged Alliance expansion treats these competing architectures.
We could argue about the minimum acceptable frame rates for playing real-time strategy (RTS) games, but after putting those arguments aside, our former system’s dual HD 4870 X2 graphics cards stomped the life out of our current 3-way SLI rig.
World In Conflict loves our new build, but it’s hard to tell from the shape of these charts which hardware provides the advantage.
- Upgrading To First Class…On The Cheap
- CPU, CPU Cooler, And RAM
- Motherboard, Graphics, And Hard Drives
- Case, Power, And Optical Drive
- Accessories And Assembly
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: First-Person Shooters
- Benchmark Results: Real-Time Strategy
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Power Consumption