The 2-pass process still makes the decisive quantum leap in reducing file size. We recommend 2-pass with activated bidirectional encoding to users for whom the highest quality with the best possible file size are important.
The values for the Athlon are shown in the green bars, and the Pentium 4 results are in gray.
- DivX Codec: Bidirectional Encoding & Co
- Global Motion Compensation (GMC)
- Flow Heater: 1-pass And 2-pass
- Tools For Analog Material: Pre-processing And Source Interlace
- Advanced Parameters: Something New From Something Old
- A Player That Sheds Its Skin
- Revolt: How About "Popping"?
- Test Configuration
- Benchmarks: Athlon Ahead Again?
- Effect Of Settings On Performance
- Impact Of Settings On Output File Size
- Quo Vadis, DivX?