They most striking feature of the exterior of the WDXC2000 (the official model number) is its sleek gray plastic case. At first glance it looks like imitation aluminum, but even after you realize it is plastic it appears no less elegant.
The black frame is removable so that you can open the case, although this should not normally be necessary.
The larger variant with 250 GB is more striking. Here, transparent casing catches the eye, allowing a view to the interior. For the sake of visual impact, Western Digital gave the drives a large black sticker with the company's logo.
The 200 GB version of the drive is simple and sober...
- The Combo Drive In Detail
- The Combo Drive In Detail, Continued
- Factory Case Modding: Lights To Catch The Eye
- Combo Drive: Technical Details
- Interior Of The Combo Drive
- Accessories Included: All The Usual Stuff
- Test Setup
- Burst Transfer Rate (Interface)
- Conclusion: FireWire Gives The Best Results