We can't expect much from Nvidia's low-end GeForce GT 620M, but we're hoping it's useful for playable 3D performance in a few titles at least. After all, even AMD’s on-die graphics engines give us entry-level frame rates across our entire test suite. My own expectations of a discrete GPU are a little higher, so I'm setting the minimum bar at 1280x720 and medium-quality detail settings.
And, as is often the case, it looks like my expectations were a bit high. First-person shooters aren't the GeForce GT 620M's target market, but a lack of performance this severe could also be caused by a host processor bottleneck.
Anything less than the High Quality preset in Far Cry 3 makes big sacrifices in visual detail. And yet, it appears that those sacrifices are necessary in order to play this game at 1280x720 on Lenovo's IdeaCentre Horizon.
- Lenovo's Table-Sized IdeaCentre Horizon PC
- What Is A Table PC Used For, Anyway?
- Getting To Know The IdeaCentre Horizon
- Brightness, Contrast, Uniformity, And Gamma
- Color Gamut, Accuracy, And Calibration
- Test Settings And Benchmarks
- Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Results: Sandra And TouchXPRT
- Results: Battlefield 3 And Far Cry 3
- Results: Skyrim And F1 2012
- Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Results: Adobe Creative Suite
- Results: Productivity
- Results: File Compression
- Energy, Heat, And Battery Life
- The Overall Efficiency And Value Of Lenovo's IdeaCentre Horizon