Next to AMD’s Phenom II X4 965, Intel’s Yorkfield-based Core 2 Quad looks to be the strongest performer in DiRT2, even with 8xAA applied. The Core i5-750 averages a third place finish, while the Core 2 Duo E8500 comes in fourth. This time, it’s the Core i5-661 in last place.
If you’re read the analysis up until this point and wondered why Intel’s Core i5-661 with integrated graphics sported one blank line after another, it’s because the on-package GPU isn’t able to do its job in any of these titles. We already know Intel isn’t going for the gamer crowd with this solution, but know that even something we’d consider lightweight, like Left 4 Dead, won’t display properly with integrated graphics.
- Clarkdale: Engineering Smarts Behind Marketing’s Mess
- Accelerating Encryption: AES-NI
- Intel HD Graphics: Clarkdale’s On-Package GPU
- New Drivers And Great Home Theater Features
- H55 And H57 Chipsets
- Test System And Software
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Media/Transcoding Apps
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: Left 4 Dead 2
- Benchmark Results: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Benchmark Results: DiRT2
- Power Consumption