3DMark is called the "Gamer's Benchmark," and THG has been using its different versions for years. The mark is set using a reference system; the higher the score, the better the performance of that system versus the reference one. With each new version of 3DMark, scores are scaled down so they do not become astronomically high. These third-party benchmarks are widely used across the industry.
Clearly you can see that the GeForce 7800 GTX 512 pulls out in front of the ATI X1800XT with higher scores.
- Up To 1 GB Video Memory With GeForce 7800 GTX 512 SLI
- New Features Of The 7800 GTX 512
- New Drivers And SLI Compatibility
- Test Setup
- The Truth About The 7800 GTX 512's Power Consumption
- Benchmarks Results
- 3DMark 2005
- Unreal Tournament 2004 - THG8 Assault
- Far Cry 1.3 (32-bit) - Cooler01 Demo
- Doom 3
- Half-Life 2 - DP_Coast_01 Demo