Like many of our other benchmarks, the 3DMark Vantage performance preset shows a decline from adding a third GPU with the P55’s native PCIe controller.
Things don’t look much better for the P55’s native controller at 3DMark’s High preset. Stranger still, EVGA’s NF200 implementation appears to beat MSI’s, which is totally opposite of what happened in actual games.
At the “Extreme” preset, MSI’s NF200 implementation outpaced even the X58, and this is where this tester must make an interesting observation: both NF200-equipped motherboards exhibited inconsistent results between consecutive runs of Vantage, and the cause for this inconsistency could not be determined.
- When Does 16/2=32?
- Test Settings And Boards
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: Far Cry 2
- Benchmark Results: Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X.
- Benchmark Results: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
- Benchmark Results: World In Conflict
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark Vantage
- Performance Summary
- But Can NF200 Help X58, Too?
- P55 Triple-GPU CrossFireX, Fixed?