We've already explored the I/O characteristics of level loading in SSD Performance In Crysis 2, World Of Warcraft, And Civilization V. These operations are mostly read-based at low queue depths. As such, the performance increase attributable to caching tends to be dramatic. After one run, the time it takes to load a level is roughly the same it would be on an SSD.
- Meet OCZ's RevoDrive Hybrid
- The Hardware: RevoDrive 3 And A 1 TB Hard Drive
- Software Side: Caching Powered By Nvelo's Dataplex
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- SSD Caching: PCMark Vantage
- SSD Caching: Application Performance
- SSD Caching: Gaming Performance
- High Queue Depth Sequential Performance
- RevoDrive Hybrid: A Product Of Convenience?