We measured idle power that was, in fact, higher than what the Seagate's specifications claim: 1.3W as opposed to 0.8W stated in the datasheet.
Power consumption in the workload tests was equivalent to other 7,200 RPM drives, with the exception of full HD video playback, at which the Momentus XT is a bit power hungry.
The Momentus XT isn’t leading in performance per watt because of power consumption comparable to the competition, while throughput on IOmeter is a bit slower in our testing.
Power efficiency in workstation I/O activity is better, though, as the I/O performance numbers on the Momentus XT are superior.
- Seagate’s Solid State Hybrid Drive Reviewed
- HDD + Flash = Seagate Momentus XT
- Adaptive Memory Technology
- Update: Everyday Performance
- Test Setup And Throughput Diagram
- Benchmark Results: Throughput And Interface
- Benchmark Results: Access Time And I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Application Performance
- Benchmark Results: MobileMark 2007 And SYSmark 2007
- Benchmark Results: Power And Efficiency
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Vantage, Repeated
- Benchmark Results: Windows And Application Startup Time