Access time falls right about where you would expect it. The Momentus XT isn’t fastest, but within a normal range.
The I/O performance numbers are higher than on the other drives in three out of four benchmarks, which could be an indicator that Adaptive Memory is doing a good job. However, since there is a lot of random I/O activity involved, there is hardly any chance for the flash memory to show its muscles.
- Seagate’s Solid State Hybrid Drive Reviewed
- HDD + Flash = Seagate Momentus XT
- Adaptive Memory Technology
- Update: Everyday Performance
- Test Setup And Throughput Diagram
- Benchmark Results: Throughput And Interface
- Benchmark Results: Access Time And I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Application Performance
- Benchmark Results: MobileMark 2007 And SYSmark 2007
- Benchmark Results: Power And Efficiency
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Vantage, Repeated
- Benchmark Results: Windows And Application Startup Time