Earlier today, Ubisoft sent over the technical specifications of Assassin's Creed II for the PC. The company also revealed that the game is slated to ship in North America on March 16, 2010, and will come in two flavors: Standard and a Black Edition.
According to Ubisoft's email, the Standard retail and digital version includes the game and extra sequences (Battle of Forli and Bonfire of the Vanities) for $59.99. The Black Edition will be digital only, and will include everything found in the Standard version along with "additional content" for $64.99.
As for the system specs, Ubisoft said that Assassin's Creed II supports ATI's Radeon X1950 and the Radeon HD 2000/3000/4000/5000 series out of the box. On the Nvidia front, the game supports the GeForce 7/8/9/100/200 series at time of release.
- SUPPORTED OS: Windows XP (32-64 bits) / Windows Vista (32-64 bits) / Windows 7 (32-64 bits)
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4 GHz
- RAM: 1.5 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista - Windows 7
- Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 -compliant sound card
- DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0
- DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
- Hard Drive Space: 8 GB
- Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller
- * This product does not support Windows 98/ME/2000/NT
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better
- Video Card: GeForce 8800 GT or ATI Radeon HD 4700 or better
- Sound: 5.1 sound card
- Peripherals: Keyboard, mouse, joystick optional (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)