Intel Arc A770 Embargo Rumors Point to Early October Launch

Intel
(Image credit: Intel)

There are some interesting new rumors regarding when Intel’s other Arc graphics cards for desktops will finally arrive. According to sources sharing embargo guidelines with VideoCardz (opens in new tab), we will see Arc A770 Limited Edition unboxings all over the internet from Friday, September 30. Then reviewers will be given the green light to publish their works from Wednesday, October 5. However, please take these rumors with a pinch of salt, and note that the source says the dates could still possibly change.

The purported embargo guidelines may or may not apply solely to Intel’s Limited Edition cards. Another unknown is whether the Arc A750 will come out together. Previous indications were that the Arc 700 series pair would hit the retail market in tandem. Also, it would be best for consumer choice if any third-party models with custom coolers arrive simultaneously. Unfortunately, we don’t have any hints of specific consumer release dates in the leak, either. 

Alleged Arc A770 embargo times and dates:

  • Unboxings: 9 am EDT on Friday, September 30.
  • Reviews: 9 am EDT on Wednesday, October 5.

The rumored dates and times could align with Intel’s upcoming scheduled events. In particular, the Intel Innovation event in San Jose straddles Sept 27 to 28, and we will likely get some more last-minute information about the Arc graphics card lineup to prime us for the rollout. Additionally, if you are interested in tuning in, keynotes from Intel’s event will be live-streamed online.

Intel Arc graphics cards have already failed as the knights in shining armor, saving us from the tremendous crypto mining graphics card drought of 2022. All we have had so far is the lowly Arc A380, released months ago in China, then in dribs and drabs stateside only a few weeks ago.

For a long time, tech enthusiasts have seemed weary of Intel’s promises of more powerful Arc desktop graphics card releases “soon.” Still, it is starting to look like releases are imminent. Intel has missed a target of launching its remaining Arc desktop graphics cards by the end of summer; however, today, we have these unboxing and review schedule dates rumors. Moreover, yesterday we reported on the impending shipments of Arc A770 limited edition graphics cards to its strung-out competition winners. Intel has just asked winners to ensure their shipping details are up to date.

Mark Tyson
Freelance News Writer

Mark Tyson is a Freelance News Writer at Tom's Hardware US. He enjoys covering the full breadth of PC tech; from business and semiconductor design to products approaching the edge of reason.

  • thisisaname
    Price and performance and it what quantity are still the big questions they have to answer.
    Reply
  • peachpuff
    When pigs fly...
    Reply
  • watzupken
    Intel can try to hype this out, but I feel that hype have fizzled out a few months back after many delays. Releasing this alongside Nvidia's RTX 4090 launch is not going to help either.
    Reply
  • Mandark
    This is reminding me of BitBoys Oy vid card
    Reply
  • atomicWAR
    Atlantis and the hollow earth city states must be so excited about this mythic GPU launch their getting. I still think it will be Q5 but hey maybe Intel actually moved their launch up!
    Reply
  • KyaraM
    watzupken said:
    Intel can try to hype this out, but I feel that hype have fizzled out a few months back after many delays. Releasing this alongside Nvidia's RTX 4090 launch is not going to help either.
    Not sure why someone looking for an RTX 3060-type card would give a hoot about the 4090, honestly. And afaik the launch date for the 4060 is still tbd.
    Reply
  • jkflipflop98
    The smartest thing to do would have been to just not say anything. Nothing. Not a peep.

    Then when they're finally ready and Intel has a warehouse full of the things ready to go THEN announce "oh by the way we're making discrete GPUs now. They should be in store shelves TODAY!". That would have been a smash-hit "oh wow" moment. Instead we get this slow dribble of disappointment stretched out over 2 years.
    Reply
  • Eximo
    Gotten into the hands of reviewers at least. There is a youtube video by Marques Brownlee where he does a full build with the A770. Only shows one game being played, so I think there are still limits on what they can show off.
    Reply
  • edzieba
    jkflipflop98 said:
    The smartest thing to do would have been to just not say anything. Nothing. Not a peep.

    Then when they're finally ready and Intel has a warehouse full of the things ready to go THEN announce "oh by the way we're making discrete GPUs now. They should be in store shelves TODAY!". That would have been a smash-hit "oh wow" moment. Instead we get this slow dribble of disappointment stretched out over 2 years.
    That would be a great way to release a GPU with no decent support from any games until months to years post-launch. There's far more than just the bare minimum graphics API compliance involved in getting software to run well on a GPU. Particularly for things like DX12 and Vulcan which are low-level APIs and require the game developer to implement things per-architecture (unlike DX-11 where work was more driver-side).
    Reply
  • jkflipflop98
    edzieba said:
    That would be a great way to release a GPU with no decent support from any games until months to years post-launch. There's far more than just the bare minimum graphics API compliance involved in getting software to run well on a GPU. Particularly for things like DX12 and Vulcan which are low-level APIs and require the game developer to implement things per-architecture (unlike DX-11 where work was more driver-side).

    You can still work with game developers (which Intel does all the time anyways) without making a major public announcement that your cards are coming out. We didn't need 2 years of Raja posting die pics. That doesn't mean there would be 0 support.
    Reply