Skip to main content

Slimmer Xbox One S Launches In August For $299

After an early leak yesterday, Microsoft finally revealed its new version of the Xbox One, the Xbox One S, which is a slimmer (and white) console that is approximately 40 percent smaller than the original.

The new version of the console also includes an integrated PSU, an IR blaster and up to 2 TB of storage. In terms of graphics, the new console boasts high-dynamic range gaming and the ability to play 4K video and Blu-ray. There’s also a new wireless controller that has a textured grip, Bluetooth connectivity and increased range.

The new console is coming in August with a price of $299.

Follow Rexly Peñaflorida II @Heirdeux. Follow us @tomshardware, on Facebook and on Google+.

  • captaincharisma
    well if you can't beat Sony you might as well redesign your console to look like there's lol
    Reply
  • dstarr3
    Also, the Kinect will now require a USB adapter to work with this. So, yeah, RIP Kinect.
    Reply
  • ammaross
    I wonder what iGPU core it's using since it picked up HDR and 4K decode...
    Reply
  • gggplaya
    18115827 said:
    I wonder what iGPU core it's using since it picked up HDR and 4K decode...

    Probably the same as the new PS4 4k. AMD updated the SOC to accomodate 4k.
    Reply
  • captaincharisma
    18115990 said:
    18115827 said:
    I wonder what iGPU core it's using since it picked up HDR and 4K decode...

    Probably the same as the new PS4 4k. AMD updated the SOC to accomodate 4k.

    a good question would be is if this new version will use GDDR memory unlike the current XBOX One that is using DDR memory for the GPU

    Reply
  • squibbfire2
    Xbox 360 "S" ...."S" Is actually the sony PS version of the xbox
    Reply
  • Cryio
    Polaris based APU for the Xbox Scorpio incoming.
    Reply
  • Mitrovah
    Phil Spencer is by far the dumbest Executive in corporate America. Remember last summer: "There will be no slim version" There will be no upgrade." Honestly, they have missed the 4k boat already. That little shit with his bro gamer shirt and screw me Fonz leather jacket should be fired.
    Reply
  • captaincharisma
    18120984 said:
    Phil Spencer is by far the dumbest Executive in corporate America. Remember last summer: "There will be no slim version" There will be no upgrade." Honestly, they have missed the 4k boat already. That little shit with his bro gamer shirt and screw me Fonz leather jacket should be fired.

    yea really, when talk about the Neo started he said they will not do anything like that. now at E3 they have not one but two new models

    Reply
  • MihailNaydenov
    Obvious copycat is obvious.
    Reply