Zalman fans for all passive heat sinks.
Installing the fan.
Installing the fan.
We were somewhat surprised to discover that Zalman, a company based in South Korea, uses a PC case fan from the People's Republic of China. This continues the claim of passive cooling ad absurdum. The fan is included with the models sporting fan-shaped heat sinks.
- Cooler Trends - Complex Design & Precious Materials
- Cooler Trends - Complex Design & Precious Materials, Continued
- Theory: Ideal Cooling
- Cooler Master EP5-6151: Plain Jane Cooler For Undemanding Tastes
- Cooler Master DP5-6H51: Small Heat Sink - Large Fan
- Cooler Master DP5-6G11: Flatliner
- Blizzard Thunderbird: Shooting Star
- TRIG T40-6EA: Powerful Fence-Straddler
- TRIG T40-6EAC: XXL And Case Fan
- Global Win WBK 38: Behind Bars
- Global Win WBK 68: Wacky Little Brother
- Global Win CAK 38: Top Model With High Cooling Performance
- Elan Vital FSCUG9C: Ribbed Structure Made Of Sheet Steel
- Elan Vital FSCUG9C-6FC: Unsuccessful Thermal Trigger
- SPRING SPCT381 BAF-1B: Black And Quiet
- SPRING SPCT801 AAF-1B: Son Of Flatliner
- SPACEWALKER: A Nobody In The Crowd
- AVC Mega-Cool: Compact And Powerful
- Taisol CGK 744092: Unergonomic
- Smart Cooler FSM 1168T: Buyer Beware!
- Molex 371650008: Avant-garde Design
- Molex 371660002 U. 371610002: Little Brother
- Zalman CCC Project: Much Ado About Nothing
- Zalman CNPS2005 (Aluminum): Below Expectations
- Zalman CNPS3000 (Copper): Better Than Aluminum
- Zalman CNPS3100G (Gold): The Crowning Glory In Gold
- Zalman CNPS3100 (Cu-Au Alloy): Visual Blarney
- Zalman Coolers: Poor Manufacturing Quality
- Laboratory Tests Up Close & Personal - CPUs Maxed At 100%
- Cooling Temperature: Range From 30°C To 56°C
- Noise Level - Is That A Construction Site Or An Office?
- A Real Heavyweight - Swiftech's 789 Grams!
- Specific Cooling Performance - Swiftech Duo Still In The Lead
- Fan Speed - 2850 RPM To 6700 RPM
- Summary - A Comparison Of All 46 Coolers
- Conclusion - Just Say "No" To Cheap Generics