This is what we did in the background before launching our primary applications, Doom 3 or 3DS Max 7. With a single-threaded application (WinRAR) and a multi-threaded application (Lame 3.97.1), the system is already quite busy.
Process priorities can be altered within the task manager. This can be useful to run tasks specifically in the background.
- Here Comes The King: Athlon 64 X2 Reviewed
- Hyper Threading Vs. Dual Core Processing
- Will Dual Cores Fight Performance Demand Saturation?
- Future Applications Require Intelligence
- Athlon 64 X2 In Detail
- Performance Rating 4200+ To 4800+
- Athlon 64 Models Compared
- Athlon 64 X2 Test System
- The Competitor: Intel Pentium D Processor 840
- Test Setup
- Multi-Tasking Tests
- Multi-Tasking Benchmark Results
- No Hunt For Insane Frame Rates Any More
- DirectX 8
- DirectX 9
- Synthetic, Continued
- Power Consumption Test
Ask a Category Expert