Crysis demonstrates very similar performance between these two systems, at least until the Core i7 system is overclocked. Since the graphics cards are run at exactly the same overclocked speeds with both systems, it’s surprising how much of a boon the Core i7-920 seems to get from overclocking at lower resolutions.
This is another CPU-limited title for the most part. But with 4x anti-aliasing (AA) and 16x anisotropic filtering (AF) enabled, the graphics card becomes the limiting factor at 2560x1600. We can see the two systems providing similar results at this level of resolution and detail.
- The Components
- CPU, Motherboard, And Cooler
- Video Cards, Power Supply, And Case
- Memory, Hard Drive, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Media Encoding
- Benchmark Results: 2D And 3D Graphics
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And World In Conflict
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2 And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
- Benchmark Results: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Power And Temperature Benchmarks