Now that we've seen how some of the most popular graphics cards handle Bulletstorm, let’s check out CPU performance with graphics normalized. First, we’ll test quad-core processors at various clock speeds:
There’s definitely a correlation between clock rate and minimum frame rate, but even a 2.0 GHz quad-core Phenom facilitates a minimum 40 FPS.
But how does the newest version of the Unreal 3 engine run with fewer CPU cores at its disposal?
This is a dramatic result and shows that Epic is serious about multithreading. At 2.5 GHz, the dual-core CPU demonstrates a tremendous drop in performance compared to the triple- and quad-core results. The single-core CPU result is absolutely dismal.
With all of this information at our disposal, we think it’s reasonable to conclude that Bulletstorm is best run on at least a 2.0 GHz quad-core processor or a 2.5 GHz triple-core model.
- It's Raining Bullets, Hallelujah!
- Image Quality Settings
- Test Hardware: Graphics Cards And Platform
- Test System And Settings
- Benchmark Results: Medium Quality
- Benchmark Results: High Quality
- Benchmark Results: High Quality 4x AA
- Benchmark Results: 1680x1050 Performance Problem Fixed
- Benchmark Results: CPU Performance