In the h2benchw 3.13 benchmark, Hitachi's Ultrastar C10K600 takes first place in both reading and writing with 139.4 MB/s. The Seagate Savvio 10K.5 is a close second with an average speed of about 132 MB/s and a maximum peak throughput of 170.4 MB/s, which is even faster than the Hitachi drive. Seagate's Constellation.2 only runs at 7200 RPM as opposed to 10 000 RPM, and is therefore clearly behind in read and write speeds. It reaches an average of 91 MB/s.
The Hitachi Ultrastar C10K600 and Seagate Savvio 10K.5 go head-to-head; the Seagate Constellation.2 is a bit slower, as confirmed by the Iometer readings.
- 2.5” Enterprise Hard Drives
- Hitachi Ultrastar C10K600 (600 GB)
- Seagate Constellation.2 (1000 GB)
- Seagate Savvio 10K.5 (900 GB)
- Comparison Table, Test Configuration, And Transfer Diagrams
- Benchmark Results: Throughput
- Benchmark Results: Access Time And I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Vantage
- Benchmark Results: Temperature And Power Consumption
- Benchmark Results: Power Efficiency