Page 1:Perfect Overclocking: Balanced Power And Performance
Page 2: Processor: Core 2 Duo E8600
Page 3:Platform: MSI P45D3 Neo-F (P45)
Page 4: Test Details and Overclocking
Page 5:Test Setup And Synthetic Benchmarks
Page 6: Game Benchmarks
Page 7:Audio/Video Benchmark Results
Page 8:Application Benchmark Results
Page 9:Power Consumption Results
Page 10:Efficiency Results
Crysis at its less graphics-intensive settings will give you a nice performance boost once you start to overclock your processor. The boosts are rather linear, as even the last step from 3.9 to 4.25 GHz was noticeable.
The same applies to Unreal Tournament 3. More CPU core speed translates into better game performance. The 28% clock speed increase (3.33 to 4.26 GHz) yielded 21% better frame rates, which is a great result.
Interestingly, the 3.6 GHz overclocked setting does not give you better performance, as the RAM speed drops a bit. Once you speed up to 3.9 or 4.26 GHz you’ll see a nice performance increase.
- Perfect Overclocking: Balanced Power And Performance
- Processor: Core 2 Duo E8600
- Platform: MSI P45D3 Neo-F (P45)
- Test Details and Overclocking
- Test Setup And Synthetic Benchmarks
- Game Benchmarks
- Audio/Video Benchmark Results
- Application Benchmark Results
- Power Consumption Results
- Efficiency Results