Our DIY PC started out with a total of four hard disks. Later on, we installed two more drives into the case.
Special cables provide power to SATA drives. This helps justify the purchase of a new case or PSU.
SATA hard disks with their special red SATA cables. When upgrading from an older platform to a new one, the older PATA standard no longer makes sense.
Drive cables go left for parallel and right for serial connections, but the days of parallel ATA are numbered.
- Steer Clear Of Discount Offers
- Shopping List: $720 To $1,224 For A 4 GHz System
- Water On The Brain: A Cool Head Is Good!
- Hand-assembling Your CPU Bracket
- A Budget Do-it Yourself Chipset Cooler
- Stable Power Supply: 400 Watts Is Plenty
- Shopping For DDR1 And Older Motherboards
- Hard Disks In A RAID Array Offer Up To 120 MB/s Of Data Transfer