3DMark Vantage isn’t a very good test for gauging the performance difference of various amounts of graphics RAM, but we retained it for synthetic purposes.
The 3DMark score indicates the obvious: that two graphics processors (GTX 295) are more powerful than one (GTX 285). Moving along…
Indeed, two graphics processors are more powerful than one. The amount of memory appears to have no effect on this benchmark.
The CPU doesn’t appear to take a performance hit from managing two graphics processors rather than one, but most of that work is done on the card, rather than the CPU.
- Wasn't 1 GB Already Enough?
- Comparison Cards: When 1 GB Is Greater Than 1.8 GB
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: Far Cry 2
- Benchmark Results: Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X
- Benchmark Results: Left 4 Dead
- Benchmark Results: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
- Benchmark Results: World In Conflict
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark Vantage
- Performance Summary and Power