While some games are limited by bandwidth, others are limited by GPU or CPU power. Alien Vs. Predator appears to be limited by one of the latter variables, as its performance barely falls even when the graphics card is crippled by a x4 slot.
The difference between PCIe 2.0 x4 and x16 is only around 1% at this point.
- The PCIe Bottleneck?
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- PCIe Scaling: 3DMark Vantage
- PCIe Scaling: Alien Vs. Predator
- PCIe Scaling: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- PCIe Scaling: Crysis
- PCIe Scaling: DiRT 2
- PCIe Scaling: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- PCIe Scaling Summary
- SLI Scaling: 3DMark Vantage
- SLI Scaling: Alien Vs. Predator
- SLI Scaling: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- SLI Scaling: Crysis
- SLI Scaling: DiRT 2
- SLI Scaling: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- SLI Scaling Summary