The PCMark Vantage overall score scales nicely with increased clock speed.
Memory bandwidth also benefits from additional clock speed.
Again, nice performance scaling once you increase the processor clock speed.
The overall 3DMark Vantage score doesn’t benefit much from the clock speed increase, as the graphics card is much more important in this benchmark. We used a Zotac GeForce GTX 260², now part of our 2009 reference configuration.
- Chasing Down The Perfect Clock Speed For AMD's Phenom II X4
- AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition (BE)
- The Platform: Jetway HA07 Ultra With AMD's 790GX Chipset
- Settings: 2.8, 3.0, And 3.2 GHz
- Settings: 3.4, 3.6, And 3.8 GHz
- Speed And Voltage Table, Test Setup And Components
- Performance Results: Games
- Performance Results: PCMark And 3DMark Vantage
- Performance Results: Applications
- Performance Results: Audio/Video
- Idle/Peak Power Consumption Analysis
- Average And Total Power During PCMark
- Efficiency Results